Turn up the base

The weather has been right and with all the issues I had with the 3d printer recently, I chose to give my printer a rest and do some painting.

Base of Dalek
Dalek Base
base and skirt
Skirt and base

Here is the base with one or two coats the paint was really soaking in.
I also managed to sand the skirt and add some coats of the nearest I could find to Army Green.It needs a lot more coats, I think I’m going to need a bigger can of paint.

Rings and things

I started printing rings for the skirt balls. Thinking about it, I also wanted to have a way of mounting the rings. The original Mini-me used nails for some positional stability, and glue.
I thought I would do it differently this time. I created a ring with a floor in it. I will glue the ball into the ring, but for positional stability I am going to use brads, so I made a rectangular opening to allow the brad to go through.

I have to 3D print about 60 of these to cover any issues I might have.

rings for the balls
Note the cunning mounting system.

The picture shows the Styrofoam balls that I had cut and painted previously.
The hole in the centre is to allow for mounting to the side of the skirt.