Looking at the details for the gun arm. It is quite complex.
I tried designing them in a 3d package and transferring them to Pepakura but I found the detail was too difficult for me to glue together without it not looking right. A full size version could probably be made much easier.
It was only when I put it on the tube and then I could see that it was off centre and so I started to think is there an easier alternative way to do this?
I started to wrap paper around the tube itself while gluing as I went along. I am not sure how well it will turn out.
I then painted it with white glue
The next step is to fill the angles with some filler,
Here is the front and the base. It shows the opening for the LCD display.
The lines are the scoring I did to allow it to bend. Some of the scoring is on the back of the foam board so it can bend in the other direction. The foam board became weak so I added some duct tape so I could keep it held together during the ‘dry fit’ stages.
Here is a screen capture of the print out. It has 15 sheets of paper however I only printed the first 12 pages.
Next I glued the template to some foam board I purchased from the dollar store.
Once dried I scored lines to match the triangles on the side of objects labeled 1-2.
Then I cut out the four pieces. Object 1-1 is ignored and was part of another idea I had.
I cut out the opening for the screen and carefully glued the edges of the front, base and back to the s shaped parts.
I have been busy with various things through the summer but one of the things I did was design the enclosure for my Raspberry Pi and the touch panel that went with it.
I used a 3D package to draw it. I exported it and imported it into pepakura.
Here is the concept drawing showing where the LCD sits. The shape was designed so that it would not be top heavy
and as stable as possible.
I carefully marked up the dome with the appropriate lines that will be a locator for the ridges.
I then hot glued hook up wire over the lines. Carefully adding newspaper and glue in between the lines I built up a layer of paper mache over the dome. This is my first layer I will probably do 1-2 more layers.