I have finally managed to do some painting. Summer time is great for spray painting unless it is hot, humid and the air is still. I am sure the neighbours are cheesed off with me because the smell of the spray paint just hung in the air.
I knew that making the dome in pieces would show the seams between the pieces. But considering I have some ~30 pieces all joined together I think the dome looks pretty good.
Here is a picture of the dome after I used acetone to join the pieces together. It is quite sturdy.
To see what things would look like I added the mesh, supports and the rings.
I am going to use a lazy Susan to rotate the dome. How exactly I am gong to do this I am not sure.
Mini-me neck structure is a little different so I probably will not do it the same way.
Finally I added the the dome to the neck and the rings.
I designed these supports to hold the 3 rings at the right height.
They sit in the base and then have arms to carry the rings. I added a small bump on the supports and some holes in the rings so that they would align and sort of lock into position.
The base sits in the holes in the ring base.