I have finally managed to do some painting. Summer time is great for spray painting unless it is hot, humid and the air is still. I am sure the neighbours are cheesed off with me because the smell of the spray paint just hung in the air.
My oil rings are all printed (approx 60) and now they need to be painted here is the last batch on the 3d printer print bed
I started printing rings for the skirt balls. Thinking about it, I also wanted to have a way of mounting the rings. The original Mini-me used nails for some positional stability, and glue.
I thought I would do it differently this time. I created a ring with a floor in it. I will glue the ball into the ring, but for positional stability I am going to use brads, so I made a rectangular opening to allow the brad to go through.
I have to 3D print about 60 of these to cover any issues I might have.
The picture shows the Styrofoam balls that I had cut and painted previously.
The hole in the centre is to allow for mounting to the side of the skirt.