I made some progress on the shoulders and I wanted to put the pictures up. I was thinking about a tube shape and how difficult it would be to make the shape strong.
That’s when I came up with this idea: I would make building blocks that would fit together with an area that could be glued and still resemble the tube shape.
I made several of these shapes, and then glued them to foam board. Next I sliced a line down them with a knife. The piece could then bend and become an L shape that fits into the next piece. From there I built up the side walls by placing “triangles”.
Another template was made to wrap around the shoulders using duct tape and then I cut some paper to the shape of the template.
The paper replaced the template and then I started building up the outside with foam pieces.