3D experiments

I created this ear to go with my Dalek dome. It was an experiment really.
It is 2 circles and 4 uprights.
Rather than using plastic glue like I did on my rings, I tried out the ABS-slurry to that was sitting in my jar. ABS-slurry is a mixture of acetone and pieces of ABS.
It was amazing, maybe I was just lucky. I used a toothpick & dabbed a little on the uprights. They stayed vertical – I expected everything to fall over but it did not.

It seems very strong and so I am now carefully going over the seams of my rings to make them stronger too.

ear cage
The uprights are almost in exactly the right orientation
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s