Hot off the heels of finishing the Book of Pure Evil I have started several new projects.
Here are some pictures of the start of one of my projects. It is going to be the DRD from Farscape that I have wanted to build for some time now.
I started by cutting off the aerodynamic parts of the helmet. The plastic used for the helmet was very easy to slice. I just used a sharp knife.
Then I removed all the screws (and wow there are a lot).
After that I sliced off the bottom of the helmet until it was flat and had no neck.
When the helmet is pulled apart it looks like this
The left is the front and the right is the back of the DRD.
I covered this with plastic and then started laying some paper mâché over it. Just strips of newspaper dipped in glue.
Then I built out the rough shape and added some detail using bits of paper.
I covered it all in a mixture of dry wall mud, white glue and instant paper maché.
Now it is waiting for sanding before I move forward.