A new year, a new dalek

Over the Christmas break I started work on a new scale dalek. This will be an Ironside dalek.

I have completed the base and am now in the process of strengthening it. The skirt is cut out and I need to cut some more pieces out then I will be able to glue it together.

view of finished base
Finished base

This is what the base looks like. I made only one major mistake (bottom right corner), even though I measured 4 times and cut once. I will take care of it with filler.

under the base
Underside view of the base

Here is an underside side view. I have covered the joins with newspaper to make the joints stronger

foam board bumper
Foam board bumper edges

This foam board should make everything more sturdy once glued to the underside of the base

cut out panels
All the skirt panels

I will add foam board across the joints of the skirt panels too.
Here are the panels

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s