Turns out that anything you can think of has already been done.
I was trawling around the internet and found that someone has already created an enclosure out of a Lack table and even created an Instructable for it and it dates back to 2015.
Whilst some of the ideas are the same, mine is different.
It makes me wonder how many printers are done like this.
After some thought I took the piece that was taken out and cut slices that will finish the open edges.
The plan was to use some caulking to seal the perspex in place and make the edges nice and neat, I did not realise until much later that the tube I was using had a hole in it, every time I tried to squeeze the tube caulking would appear on my hands and drip on the perspex. It was like playing wack a blob but I cleaned it up the best I could. It is only an enclosure for the 3D printer after all.